BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Lightning FX

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alanMAC
Lightning FX
on Nov 29, 2007 at 6:58:07 pm

Is there anyway to add a lightning type FX using Boris FX9.1?
I have not found anything yet, thanks in advance.

Regards

Alan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Lightning FX
on Nov 29, 2007 at 7:19:39 pm

Hmmm ... the version that you have does not include this type of a filter effect, however the FX product includes the ability to load up most any 3rd party AE plug-in filter. And there are a few companies that make a lightning filter that might work for you. You should be able to find something that will meet your need on the toolfarm site.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

alanMAC
on Nov 30, 2007 at 6:29:23 am

thanks Peter, I was checking because sometimes you clever guys hide things or know how to get round things :)

Regards

Alan

Return to posts index

Tony Noon
on Dec 14, 2007 at 8:05:29 am

Alan,
Digital juice is offering a deal on a plug in set that has electrical arcs. currently it is 1/2 off and is priced around $200. It should work since it is listed on the Boris website. They are half off the Knoll light factory too, in case you need lens flare effects.

Tony Noon
Noon Productions

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
on Dec 14, 2007 at 9:23:02 am

Thanks Tony, the only reason I asked was because a "bride" asked for a lightning effect in her wedding video. Unless she is expecting a stormy future I could not see how it would be appropriate. After discussing it with her she decided to change her mind. I did have a laugh when she first asked me though hehe.

Regards

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]