BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Can't Install Red on new MacPro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedigree-Punk
Can't Install Red on new MacPro
on Nov 28, 2007 at 5:34:57 pm

Just migrated to FCS 2 after using Red on PC's since 2.5....I thought I'd be able to install my copy of Red 4.1 on my new MacPro, but after clicking on the Red 4.1 install icon and entering serial number nothing happens at all.

I'm new to Mac OS so is there maybe something really obvious that I'm not doing?

Any help or advice appreciated - I've emailed Boris support but could use some early tips if tehre are any.

-------------------------------------
In order to discover new oceans, man has to leave sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Can't Install Red on new MacPro
on Nov 29, 2007 at 3:34:15 pm

Hi,

You should probably download the RED 4.2 installer and try using that. Make sure to use the software serial number and not a cd serial number. Please let us know if this solves the problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Pedigree-Punk
on Nov 29, 2007 at 5:57:20 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying - I take you mean to download and install the trial version? Will this trial unlock with my serial number for 4.1?

Aplogies in advance for asking obvious questions, but switching to Mac has made me feel like a complete numpty of a newbie all over again.

Tim

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 29, 2007 at 7:17:07 pm

Yes indeed - download the trial version and use your serial number and you should be good to go. Make sure you use a valid email address when you are downloading the software - there's an unlock code that you'll need which is sent to the email address that you use; without the unlock code you can't install the product.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Pedigree-Punk
on Nov 30, 2007 at 6:58:49 pm

All sorted...4.2 installed and registered - needed to update my serial number but Boris Technical Support were very prompt and very helpful as as always been the case for me. Verty happy - thanks for the tip Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]