BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC5 Chroma key semi transparent after a render

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JeremyG
BCC5 Chroma key semi transparent after a render
on Nov 13, 2007 at 6:28:12 pm

It seems that the BCC5 (just upgraded) Chroma Key plug in doesn't work after rendering.

Material is 720p23.98 ProResHQ. Everything looks great in preview mode, the key pulls great. After the render, the BG shows through and the image becomes semi-transparent.

I tried changing the render mode (deep color, only YUV, etc), rendering options in FCP, updating to 5.0.1, swapping from unlimited rt to safe rt, and nothing seems to be working.

FCP 6.0.1, OS 10.4.10, QT 7.2, BCC 5.0.1

Any ideas?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC5 Chroma key semi transparent after a render
on Nov 13, 2007 at 7:00:42 pm

Hi Jeremy,

We'll take a look at that right away and see if we can reproduce the issue tat you are describing. Can you please tell me whether you are using PowerPC or MacIntel hardware?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 13, 2007 at 7:47:12 pm

Intel MacPro.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 13, 2007 at 9:08:32 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I just keyed a blue-screen clip using the criteria that you have mentioned with BCC FxPlug and had no problems at all. The final render looked exactly the same as the preview in FCP.

One thing to ensure is that you are using the BCC FxPlug filters and not the BCC AE filters.

So ... there may be a difference in the project and with that I'd like to ask you to send me a copy of the timeline and also a few frames of the media that you are using so that we are both looking at exactly the same thing. Please send this to me via yousendit ftp service (yousendit.com). My email address is peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 13, 2007 at 9:22:03 pm

I am pretty sure it's the fxplug. i just downloaded the 5.0.1 fxplug updater and it installed in the fxplug folder.

I will send you the media shortly.

Thanks a lot.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 13, 2007 at 9:35:22 pm

Email has been sent.

Thanks, Peter.

Return to posts index

Matthew Lopes
on Nov 16, 2007 at 2:56:14 pm

I'm having the exact same problem and I've tried everything. Running FCP 6.0.1, OSX 10.4.11, on an Intel Mac with QT 7.3.

The key is perfect until rendered. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 16, 2007 at 3:53:59 pm

Boris was able to repeat it, so apparently it's a bug and engineering is working on it.

The workaround is to use the linear key, but it didn't work as easily as the chroma key on my footage. It works, but much more fuss.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Nov 20, 2007 at 8:18:30 pm

Hi,

This is the note from our engineering staff who have diagnosed the problem:

"We have tracked down the problem to an issue in the difference in our color conversion from 8 bit YUV to 8 or 16 bit RGB (where we do our rendering) and our conversion from float YUV to 8 or 16 bit YUV. This is being investigated by a member of our engineering staff (Paul). You can get around this problem (in an obviously unsatisfactory manner), by changing your Video Processing sequence setting from Render 10-bit material in high-precision YUV to Render in 8-bit YUV."

Thanks for reporting the issue and we will issue an update patch to correct the problem once we have it fixed.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 12, 2007 at 6:33:50 am

Any updates to this problem, Peter?

Thanks for tracking it down by the way.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 22, 2008 at 2:21:59 pm

Hi Jeremy,

This problem has been solved and a new build is available for download from our servers. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 22, 2008 at 4:46:00 pm

Your timing could not be any more impeccable. Just getting going on a green screen for tomorrow.

Thank you so much!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]