BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Is my BCC working corectly?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tvshrine
Is my BCC working corectly?
on Nov 9, 2007 at 8:26:16 pm

I have a new AVID newscutter adrenaline and have just started using the BCC effects but have noticed some stuff that's making me think there is a problem but I want to make sure it's not user error.
I can't get various effects to work (bulge, twirl, page turn there may be more but these are what I've found so far). I drag them to the clip and all I get is a freeze frame of the mid point of what the effect should look like that pops on at the effects start point stays frozen for the duration and pops off at the end. Like on the page turn I see the page half turned for the whole duration.
Also on many effects (like corner pin) I can't get it to copy and paste keyframes.
DO I need to reinstall or am I doing something wrong?
BCC ver.4.2.2
Avid newcutter 6.7
HPxw8400
thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Is my BCC working corectly?
on Nov 12, 2007 at 4:30:21 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on with your system but to start with, you're using an old version of BCC that might benefit from a refresh. I would suggest deleting the preferences, and then either reinstalling BCC to see if that solves the problem and if not then you might want to download the newer version of BCC (version 5) to see if that fixes it.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

tvshrine
on Nov 12, 2007 at 5:19:59 pm

My error, the instal disc I have says 4.2.2 but I actually have 5.0, the engineer said avid didn't send the right disc so it's a downloaded version. I think I might try reinstalling anyway. How do i delete the preferences?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 12, 2007 at 5:39:38 pm

Well I'd definitely try a re-install of the BCC software. To remove the preferences you'll have to use the registry editor. From the start menu choose Run. Then type in the word regedit into the window that appears. Twirl down the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE group. Then scroll down until you see Boris Continuum Complete AVX 5.0 and delete the folder using the right mouse selector. After you do this you should reinstall the software to see if that solves the problem. Please make sure you have all of the licensing information available to you before you begin any of this.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]