BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Re: Using BCC5 Open GL lens flair in FCP/Motion

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrian charles
on Nov 8, 2007 at 3:02:48 pm

Peter,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your post. I have tried the Bcc5 open GL lens flair on a
G5 dual 2.7 PowerPC and a Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro. both produce the same result.
When a lens flare is applied in a Motion project, (4:3 aspect ratio) it has circular light rings which is what you would expect. if the same Motion project is placed on a 4:3 FCP timeline the rings appear oval shaped, which is not what you would expect. I have a screen grab and a motion project l could send to you if you let me have your email address.

Great product by the way!!

regards
Adrian

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:49:28 pm

Hi Adrian,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this - I'll follow your steps and see if I can reproduce the result that you are seeing and if so I'll see if there is a solution that I can arrive at that will generate the result that you are looking for.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 9, 2007 at 5:34:38 pm

And by the way, here's my email address:

peterm@borisfx.com

But don't try to send anything larger than a couple of megs as it will be rejected by the server. yousendit ftp is best for that.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 9, 2007 at 5:42:43 pm

Okay so I followed the steps as you described them and can't reproduce the error that you are seeing. I used the Lens Flare Advanced, with the 16:9 option disabled and whether I apply it in Motion or in FCP the result is identical - the lens flare is perfectly round and without distortion. Are you using the FxPlug version of the filter?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]