BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

boris tite tool text clips

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rbroat
boris tite tool text clips
on Nov 5, 2007 at 3:12:03 am

When I work with avid title tool I can recall a title, type in new info typing on the same line with the same attributes as the previous message and save it with a new file name. That title becomes new media and won't update the original title in the timeline. Using Boris text tool is it possible to do that. When you create a title does it exist somewhere that I can access? I am in need of a boris title tool pdf, do you know of one?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: boris tite tool text clips
on Nov 5, 2007 at 4:44:19 pm

Hi,

If you use Boris RED to make your titles, then you can save off the titles that you generate into the Boris Library Browser - these saved titles can be used on any track in the timeline of any project as long as the product is installed on the system. What's more, the titles that you generate with Boris RED are resolution independent, so if you resize the project from perhaps SD to HD there is no loss in quality. There is a wealth of information, including many free tutorials on the web site at http://www.borisfx.com.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

rbroat
on Nov 7, 2007 at 12:55:42 pm

sounds good - can you recall titles saved in Boris Library Browser, alter them and then resave them with a different file name? I need to be able to keep a style, eg a lower third and change just the name.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Nov 7, 2007 at 1:38:49 pm

Hi,

Well the answer is yes, you can do all that you have described.

For instance, let's say we have created the phrase "swish pan" as a title in RED and we save it off to the browser. Now perhaps we like the text style that was used but want to change the text to display the phase "lower third" for another video clip - we just open the library browser, load the saved "swish pan" setting, double click on the text track and change the text to read "lower third" by simply retyping the phrase. Re-render and we're done.

The titling capabilities in RED are quite comprehensive - I think it's definitely worth downloading the free trial and giving it a workout to see if it fits your workflow.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

rbroat
on Nov 7, 2007 at 9:12:36 pm

thanks- and just to be clear this is something that I cannot do in boris title 3d that is included in my FCP studio. do you know if boris red will open within FCP as a title tool.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:32:41 pm

Indeed, the Library Browser feature is not included with the Title 3D text generator that ships with FCP. It's exclusive to the Boris RED, Graffiti and FX products. And unfortunately there is no way for any product other than Title 3D to open a text generator object that was generated within that program.

So, another thing for you to consider is that if you are ONLY interested in titling and do not want to do any compositing, filtering, shape masking or other special effects then you may also want to take a look at Boris Graffiti, which has the same user interface and Library Browser as Boris RED but is a low cost solution as it does not include anything other than titling and the most basic of special effects. You can get information on the product and a free 14 day trial version at the http://www.borisfx.com website.

If you buy one of our products I want you to be happy with it and remain a customer of ours for the long term. I can only encourage you to take a look at the site, download the products and give them a test run. Take a few minutes and read the product feature descriptions that we have posted on the site on each of the product pages. Then decide which one you think fits your needs. If it's titling AND compositing or special effects then you need RED - but if it's strictly lower thirds and titles and no compositing then your needs might be satisfied with Graffiti.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]