BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

adding a new 'skin' to a sphere (or the soccerball)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mus man
adding a new 'skin' to a sphere (or the soccerball)
on Oct 24, 2007 at 8:04:13 pm

I know that this can be done, but I can't find any of the posts about it. I'm working on a promo for a kickball video and would like to add a kickball skin (if that is the right term) to the sphere/soccerball. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: adding a new 'skin' to a sphere (or the soccerball)
on Oct 24, 2007 at 8:18:11 pm

Hi,

Well the answer depends upon what product are you using to create the Sphere.

If you're using BCC in After Effects then the image to which the BCC Sphere filter is applied is automatically the image or skin of the sphere that you create. If you are using RED to do this, then the image must be set manually, which is done by twirling down the shape track to reveal the face sub-track. (click on the arrow next to the Sphere track in the timeline) Then click on the V1 icon on the face sub-track and select that media that you want to use from the desktop.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

mus man
on Oct 24, 2007 at 8:28:24 pm

I'm sorry, that was stupid of me. I'm using Red 3. I'm a bit confused though, I thought you had to get some kind of material or skin to wrap over the sphere and there were some sites that had these skins free to download. Am I on the wrong track?
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Oct 24, 2007 at 9:58:48 pm

Hi,

I don't personally know of an area where you may download skins for the sphere that you are creating but I do know that you can use any media element that you can import into RED as a skin, therefore you can use one of the presets from the built-in library browser to create the look that you are looking for. What look exactly are you trying to generate? What do you want the ball to look like? If I know this then I may be able to offer further assistance by generating a settings or project file that you can open and disassemble, which would teach you how to do this for yourself.

You may email me privately if you like at

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]