Using BCC5 Open GL lens flair in FCP/Motion

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrian charles
Using BCC5 Open GL lens flair in FCP/Motion
on Oct 16, 2007 at 7:45:21 am

Hi All

Riddle me this?

4:3 FCP project. sent two 10frm clips across a cut to motion to create sexy directional
blur lens flair wipe (using BCC5 open gl lens flair). Wipe created in motion then saved.
effect appears on FCP timeline as it should. before rendering lens flair is 4:3, after
rendering on the lens flair is 16:9 ?

Tried the same lens flair on fcp clip direct works fine!

adrian

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Using BCC5 Open GL lens flair in FCP/Motion
on Oct 16, 2007 at 6:15:07 pm

Hi,

I'll pass this along to support and ask them to see if they can reproduce the problem as described by you. It does seem rather odd that this would be happening. Is it only the bcc lens flare filter that has this problem or are any of the other filters in the package exhibiting the same issue? Is there a preference in Motion to control the PAR and if so has this been set correctly?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 16, 2007 at 6:53:53 pm

Hello,

We've tried to reproduce this issue in house and have not been able to replicate. So ... I know that you're having a problem with your project so could you please send us your motion project (with slug media) and we'll use that to reproduce the issue that you are reporting.

You can send the project (zipped) to me at and I'll send it down to QA / support to take a look.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

adrian charles
on Nov 7, 2007 at 12:28:26 am

Peter,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your post. I have tried the Bcc5 open GL lens flair on a
G5 dual 2.7 PowerPC and a Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro. both produce the same result.
When a lens flare is applied in a Motion project, (4:3 aspect ratio) it has circular light rings which is what you would expect. if the same Motion project is placed on a 4:3 FCP timeline the rings appear oval shaped, which is not what you would expect. I have a screen grab and a motion project l could send to you if you let me have your email address.

Great product by the way!!

regards
Adrian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]