BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

FX 9 Fire effect questions

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Turlak1
FX 9 Fire effect questions
on Oct 5, 2007 at 5:01:49 am

I am experimenting with the fire effect in FX 9. I followed the tutorial on the Boris FX website and was able to get the Bonanza effect, but I am having trouble getting the effect around other Alpha keyed effects. For example, I have a blue logo with a white background. I use the Make Alpha filter, then inverse Luma key it to get a clean matte. I then place that in the mask of the fire effect and get a black screen. If I draw a spline shape or use a primitive I get the flaming edge effect. Maybe if smeone could explain how they did the flaming hand effect on the FX 9 page then I might be able to figure it out.

Also is there a way to do lightning or arcing electricity in FX 9?

Tony Noon
Noon Productions

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: FX 9 Fire effect questions
on Oct 5, 2007 at 3:39:18 pm

Hi Tony,

If you can please send me the project that you created where you were having trouble generating the fire effect I can take a look at it and try to figure out why it didn't work for you. You can send me the effect setting at peterm@borisfx.com.

Regarding the other effects that you mention, lightning and arcing electricity, if you are a Windows user you can use the bundled DE Electrical Arcs plug-in. This feature however is not included on the Mac version of the FX9 product.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Alan Mac
on Oct 6, 2007 at 10:57:16 am

Peter,

I have not come across the "bundled DE Electrical Arcs plug-in" in the Windows version of 9.1 either.

Thanks

Alan

Return to posts index

Turlak1
on Oct 6, 2007 at 7:50:09 pm

Yeah, I double checked, nothing on my disk either, nor under the plug in manager.

I will send you the files as soon as I can get them. Probably Monday.

Tony Noon

Return to posts index

Turlak1
on Oct 6, 2007 at 11:22:04 pm

Ok I figured it out, I was placing the Alpha in the Mask of the Face track, not in the Map track of the fire effect. So that is now working.

I would like to know about the DE Lightning generator still though.

Tony

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 8, 2007 at 1:50:38 pm

Hi Tony,

My bad ... the DE filters are only available with RED and not with FX or Graffiti. And only on Windows.

Sorry about that. You can use any 3rd party AE lightning generator in FX though - just drop the filter that you want to use into the BorisPlugIns folder and if it is supported then it should should up and operate as expected.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]