BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Insufficient Texture Memory

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thegame2737Insufficient Texture Memory
by on Sep 21, 2007 at 12:11:36 am

Hey all,

I recently purchased Boris Red 4.0 for my editing system and I can't seem to figure out how to get it working correctly. I loaded it with both AVX 1 and 2 (haven't tried 1.5 yet) and both times when I lay an effect on my video and try to go into the effects editor it says I have Insufficient Texture memory. I don't see how I could have insuffiecient memory as I run after effects on my computer all the time no problem. Anyone know why this might be? I'm on Avid Xpress Pro HD (v 5.2.1) and I have 2GB of ram, a nVidea fx1400 video card- I do all of my work on external hard drives with plenty of memory left over, and I am almost certain 2GB of Ram is ok to run Red. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Ben HeusnerRe: Insufficient Texture Memory
by on Sep 21, 2007 at 6:12:21 am

Hi John,

Texture memory refers to your graphics card. First port of call would be to check out your card's drivers. You can find Boris' recommended driver version here, but check out Avid's support page first. You really don't want to get that wrong. :o)

All the best,

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Insufficient Texture Memory
by on Sep 21, 2007 at 12:49:10 pm

Hi John,

In the meantime, if you can at least gain access to the BorisRED user interface, you can disable OpenGl by selecting Preview>Open GL Mode>OFF. I suspect that you should then be able to continue to work with RED without error once you complete this step. As Ben pointed out though, you should check the driver and video card for compatibility with both Avid's host system and the Boris RED effects package. The most importing thing for you though is to ensure that you remain compatible with Avid's specs as you can always run RED without the OpenGL functionality as I have described above.

Return to posts index

thegame2737Re: Insufficient Texture Memory
by on Sep 26, 2007 at 10:21:21 pm

thanks guys, i'm running Red without openGL and it is doing just fine- the problem was indeed the video card- apparently, Red needs over 32 mb for texture memory and that is the max my card will allow, so with avid open, not all of the texture memory goes to boris, which was causing the error-

Thanks again you guys were a big help!

Return to posts index

Zahoor SakharkarRe: Insufficient Texture Memory
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:48:56 am

a bit late for the reply.
For texture memory problems (insufficient texture memory available) adobe have a wonderful section on after effects and openGL issues. I solved my problem recently by disabling all processing in nvidia drivers such as antialiasing, anistropic ? filtring etc. Switch all these features off ( in manage 3d settings)mode if you are not gaming. For dual monitor ensure compatibility mode selected. This brought back 128 mb of texture memory (boris needs at least 32 mb of memory to work from what I understand). Previously the texture was zero and was causing edius 6.5 trial to crash in 3D mode (no crashes in 2D mode though strange)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved