BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris RED & Vegas 8.0

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GreenMartian
Boris RED & Vegas 8.0
on Sep 17, 2007 at 9:30:24 pm

I just upgraded to Vegas 8 from v7.0 and have developed a problem. When I'm working inside Vegas 8 and I want to apply a Boris RED transition or video filter, my Boris RED plugin doesn't show up in the transitions or Video FX plugins. If I use Vegas 7, I don't have any problems, but whenever I'm using Vegas 8, Boris RED doesn't show up in my list of plugins.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sincerely,
GreenMartian

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
Re: Boris RED & Vegas 8.0
on Sep 18, 2007 at 1:58:13 pm

Did you check if this recent post helps?

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/15/857028

Return to posts index

GreenMartian
on Sep 18, 2007 at 4:10:17 pm

Thanks... Yes, that worked for me. I copied the two Boris .dll files from the video plugin folder in Vegas 7.0 to the Vegas 8.0 video plugin folder and the Boris plugin is now appearing in my lists. Great.

I've got another issue now.

When I drop the Boris transition plugin onto a media transition within Vegas 8, and then I launch Boris RED where I actually create the transition effect, my media is not appearing in the RED composition window. RED lauches okay, but the media that I'm working on in Vegas is not coming over into RED. I just get a blank project in RED.

Sincerely,
GreenMartian

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
on Sep 18, 2007 at 10:58:32 pm

Glad the effects now apprear. However, I noticed you said that you moved TWO dll files. On my system I see THREE:

BorisRED4 VVFL.dll (filter module)
BorisRED4 VVMG.dll (media generator module)
BorisRED4 VVTR.dll (transition module)

Return to posts index

GreenMartian
on Sep 18, 2007 at 11:12:49 pm

WOW. Thanks. I don't have the BorisRED4 VVMG.dll (media generator module) in the Vegas 7 video plugins folder. I am using Boris RED 4.0.3.

I might try to reinstall RED, and see if that works. That could be why I still can't edit the Vegas transitions inside RED.

Sincerely,
GreenMartian

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
on Sep 18, 2007 at 11:37:51 pm

I have 4.1.5 (the latest version). You can upgrade for free from the Boris web site. I definitely found lots of bug fixes since the version that you currently have.

Return to posts index

GreenMartian
on Sep 19, 2007 at 2:02:53 am

Thanks again. The RED update fixed all of the issues that I've found so far with Boris RED. I've got all of the RED plugins in the right place and the issue I had with transparent backgrounds is fixed. All is good for now.

Sincerely,
GreenMartian

Return to posts index

Tech Diver
on Sep 19, 2007 at 10:57:18 am

Glad I could help.

Sincerely,
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved