BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Help! Boris FX suddenly disappeared from FCP 5.1.4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jcginn
Help! Boris FX suddenly disappeared from FCP 5.1.4
on Sep 10, 2007 at 5:58:05 pm

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I've been running FCP 5.1.4 for 4 months now and Boris has been working fine (I mostly use Title 3D). When I booted up today, Boris is gone from my effects window. I haven't updated FCP or Boris in this same time period, so I'm confused. The Boris folder is still in the library but I don't know how to re-import it into FCP.

Thanks so much in advance,

John

Macpro Intel Xeon 2x2.66
3GB ram
OS 10.4.10

Return to posts index

Paul  FX
Re: Help! Boris FX suddenly disappeared from FCP 5.1.4
on Sep 13, 2007 at 3:00:28 pm

John, here's the long and the short of it. The four bundle files that make up the Boris titling application called Calligraphy rely on the operating system to flag them as bundles instead of folders. In some cases (like when you update FCP or your OS) these bundles are mislabeled as folders, therefore FCP can not "see" them and you loose your titles. The fix for this is simple. Send an email to me at support@borisfx.com and put ATTN Paul in the subject field. I will then email you a link to where you can download a new set of bundles.

Paul

Return to posts index

Jcginn
on Sep 14, 2007 at 1:33:11 pm

Thanks Paul, will do.

John

Return to posts index

Reg Jacklin
on Oct 11, 2009 at 5:30:32 pm

After I added the current software update to FCE, the effects popup no longer appeared when I followed the documentation and right-clicked the canvas. To add insult to injury, all the generator effects were absent when I clicked Effects in the menu.

After much frustration, it finally dawned on me to open the little icon marked A (with the film sprockets) below the canvas on the right. And voila!. There they all were (including Boris).

Reg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]