BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Position & Pivot problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mtlong
Position & Pivot problem
on Aug 31, 2007 at 2:57:47 pm

I think the answer to this problem might be some setting I am not recalling. I could be wrong, but can someone help me out?

One of our producers was compositing in Boris Red 3.0. We noticed that the animation was fubared. Looking at the his keyframes, I noticed the Pivot tab was being used and that was the problem with his animation... BUT... the position tab and pivot tab are not acting independant of each other. If I change the Position X to 240, the Pivot responds in kind and it's not doing what we wanted. This just started happening today...

I've tried changing settings and have even reinstalled Boris. But still the same problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks 1,000,000.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: Position & Pivot problem
on Aug 31, 2007 at 4:26:53 pm

Hi,

If you click on the lock button (to set it in the unlock state) which is located on the pivot tab in the controls window then you will be able to use the pivot and position parameters independently of each other.

Please let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mtlong
on Aug 31, 2007 at 4:50:25 pm

Well, that seems to have done it...

... but now I'm bewildered...

Just to be clear, I was talking about moving the Position X slider in the Position tab. I've done that plently of times. But never noticed the Position change in the PIVOT Tab... That's why I'm bewildered. Did I really miss that or is something else going on?!? LOL

...In addition to the Position X change in the PIVOT tab, the anchor point moves with it (which was the problem). When I unlocked them in the Pivot tab that seemed to do the trick...

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Aug 31, 2007 at 5:39:35 pm

I'm glad that did the trick for you. The controls in Pivot tab are used only to control the offset of the pivot axis from the shape center axis - quite useful if, for instance, you want to make a hinge effect where one plane flips along one of it's sides to reveal another.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]