BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

AE Continuum: Is there a manual?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craigcow7AE Continuum: Is there a manual?
by on Aug 31, 2007 at 2:47:27 am

I purchased Boris Continuum 5, expecting to find a manual (PDF is fine). I cannot locate one. Is there a manual?

Also when I upgraded recently to the patch-- AE 8.01--and I enabled OpenGL on my Mac platform (quad intel mac, 9 gigs RAM). I was using some Boris effects that I thought would start to perk up in performance.

Unfortunately I started immediately crashing and even corrupted one file. Is there a current best practice suggestion one can offer for Mac users and OpenGL with the Continuum 5 plug-ins?

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: AE Continuum: Is there a manual?
by on Aug 31, 2007 at 4:23:07 pm

Instead of a manual, there are built-in electronic help files available for each filter in the BCC 5 product, which can be accessed by clicking on the help button at the top of the filter. Additional tutorials, tips and other helpful materials are available on the BorisFX web site, and there's even a button at the top of the filter to bring you there automatically when clicked.

I'm surprised to hear that you are experiencing problems with OpenGl on your system - are you using the BCC 5.0.1 or the BCC 5.0.0 version? If it's the latter then you may want to update BCC to the latest version, which you can download for free from the web site.

Please let me know if this helps.

Return to posts index

craigcow7Re: AE Continuum: Is there a manual?
by on Aug 31, 2007 at 7:49:29 pm

I think for such an extensive suite of tools -- and with the pricetag -- that a manual should REALLY be made available.

There certainly was a manual for the last version of Continuum that I owned.

Hopefully the 5.01 patch will resolve my crashes.

I will re-enable OpenGL and see how it goes.

I'll try to contextual help out. I still must say that there is a reason most all software applications have manuals (printed or PDF).

Thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved