BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

FX 9.1 - PPro CS3 - Vista

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hella1010FX 9.1 - PPro CS3 - Vista
by on Aug 28, 2007 at 10:01:09 pm

I have Boris FX 9.1 and Premiere CS3 installed on a Vista Ultimate System.
I entered the codes when I forst ran the Keyframer and it worked fine.
However, in Premiere CS3 when I open an effect to edit it in the plug-in I am prompted to re-enter the code EVERY time I open the interface for editing.
When I enter the code there is a Boris FX erros window with "No string available for this error" prompt.
I re-enter the code and the interface works.
I don't know for how long this will work, perhaps only for the month trial period for the software.

Any suggestions to what is going on and how to fix this annoying error?

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: FX 9.1 - PPro CS3 - Vista
by on Aug 29, 2007 at 5:04:23 pm

Hello Hella,

Well, to begin, I have to say that we're quite pleased that you were able to actually install and run the software on Windows Vista as it's not an officially supported operating system on the Windows platform. The Boris product line supports Windows XP and 2K but we are still in the process of refining the software so that it will operate as expected when used in Vista.

So ... I'll forward this on to engineering who will take a look at the situation to see if this is something that can be easily worked around while we complete the job of integration into the Vista operating system.

Return to posts index

hella1010Re: FX 9.1 - PPro CS3 - Vista
by on Aug 29, 2007 at 6:59:38 pm

As far as I can tell, FX 9.1 works fine in the Vista OS.
My graphic card does not support Open GL, but I will fix that and I then expect that it will work across the board.
I have always enjoyed FX because it covers all my needs in my productions.
I will look for the upgrade for the registration issue.

Helge Larsen
Hella Studios

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved