BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Render a visible waveform in RED4?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JaesonKRender a visible waveform in RED4?
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 10:26:28 am

Is there a way to render a visible audio waveform in RED4? I recall using a feature in AfterFX years ago to do this but can't find a similar feature in RED4.

Thanks,
Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Render a visible waveform in RED4?
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 12:59:45 pm

Hi,

While RED 4 can certainly handle audio, and there are visible / scrubbable waveforms in the timeline, they cannot be rendered through to the comp window, and therefore they cannot be exported from the application.

Thinking about this, how important would this feature be to the general user group? If it's something that a lot of users feel is important then it's something that can be moved further up the development wish list.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

JaesonKRe: Render a visible waveform in RED4?
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 1:07:01 pm

I'd find it useful to be able to display the audio as a visual element in a variety of options like waveform, equalizer and maybe something fractalish or kaleidoscopic.

Thanks,
Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

JaesonKRe: Render a visible waveform in RED4?
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 1:17:41 pm

Audio driven FX would be interesting too, like linking jitter with a beat. Some music libraries, like Digital Juice Stack Traxx, allow you to separate the music layers. Then you could tie the fx to different elements in the music.

Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Render a visible waveform in RED4?
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 2:30:40 pm

Good to hear. We have thought about this in the past and have it on our wish list - perhaps we will be able to add this as a new feature with the next major release version of RED.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

erik1185Re: Render a visible waveform in RED4?
by on Aug 25, 2007 at 1:36:37 am

I am also interested in this feature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]