BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Continuum 5 Uprez Filter problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Meades
Continuum 5 Uprez Filter problem
on Aug 15, 2007 at 11:58:12 pm

Hi, I'm demoing the Continuum 5 filters, Uprez and can't figure out something. I want to use a Pal, SD 4:3 clip in FCP6 in a Pal, SD anamorphic sequence. I want to scale up the clip keeping the same aspect i.e. not distorted but simply enlarged so it fills a "wide screen" view and hence crops the top & bottom of the clip.

I've adjusted the user prefs as described, nested sequence etc. and used the method described in the manual but it just doesn't seem to work.

The problem is that with all the various settings in the filter, I can't get it to "enlarge the clip" and the only way is to manually grab the clip's handles. Then if I render the clip it reverts back to a pillar boxed clip and ignores what I'v done! I'm not sure if it's because the sequences are both SD, although one is SD anamorphic.

Not sure if this is a bug or user error. I'd ask at Boris via email but there's no customer support unless you "own" the product!

Maybe someone is kind enough to try this as described and see if it works for them.

The new podcast doesn't help either and I also noticed they "stretch" the image and that's not what I want to do anyway.

Any ideas?

Evo

Cheers!

Evan
G5 Dual 2, 10.4.2, FCPHD 5.0.2,AEPB 6.5, Decklink Extreme 5.1.1, Motion2 (Apple Sudio Suite)

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Continuum 5 Uprez Filter problem
on Aug 16, 2007 at 12:57:53 pm

Hi Evan,

I'd like to help you with this. It may be that what you are trying to achieve is not something that the filter was designed to facilitate. The UpRez filter was designed to scale clips while minimizing the loss of quality in the image to which it was applied, so I think it should work but before I commit to that I'll attempt to emulate the project that you are working on to see if indeed we can use the filter to generate the result that you are looking for.

I'll send more info with the results of my testing in a bit.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:35:51 pm

Hi Evan,

I was able to achieve the effect that you are attempting to generate by doing the following:

Return to posts index

cjohnsen
on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:52:00 pm

Hi Peter,
When following uprez podcast, when I get to stretch setting, I dont get the 4:3 clip to go widescreen, unless I manually use scale. It appears in podcast that stretch does this automatically. All settings in seq I use are same as the podcast. Am I missing something?
curt

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 16, 2007 at 2:12:23 pm

Hi Curt,

I've not yet checked the podcast but I'll take a look at it and see if there is something different that may cause this to be the case. I'll try to get to that this afternoon and will post another message once I've gone through it myself.

It may be that when performing the anamorphic scale that we need to use the scale parameter to generate the expected result as opposed to using the pop-up but aain, I'll know for sure when I've had a chance to go through the podcast this afternoon.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]