BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Borix Red 4.0 3d Type in After Effects CS3?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FeelTheLove
Borix Red 4.0 3d Type in After Effects CS3?
on Aug 13, 2007 at 9:12:19 pm

Please let me know if Boris Red 4.0 can work in After Effects CS3. I am particularly interested in using the titling part. If not, suggestions for another plug in would be appreciated. Thanks very much

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Borix Red 4.0 3d Type in After Effects CS3?
on Aug 14, 2007 at 12:41:44 pm

Hello,

If you are a Windows user then the current version of Boris RED 4.1.5 will operate as a plug-in within Adobe CS3 After Effects and Premiere Pro. We are currently working on extending this support to Mac CS3 After Effects and will release a patch update when this becomes available.

In addition to this, the Boris RED application will also operate as standalone on either platform, meaning that you can create the title that you need in RED standalone, render out to Quicktime or AVI (or any of the other supported format) and then import this into After Effects.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

FeelTheLove
on Aug 15, 2007 at 6:02:46 pm

Thanks for your response Peter, but I must be doing something wrong. I am using windows xp. I have the Adobe After Effects CS3 and the Production Premium Suite. In addition I have installed Boris Continuum Complete 4.0 into After Effects CS3 with success, but...no such luck with Red 4.1 (which I want for titling mostly).

When I install RED 4.1 there is no option for After Effects CS3 or any version listed. So I have used custom host and place Red inside the plugins folder. When I look inside the plugins folder I only see an Adobe Premiere Plugin not one for After Effects. Am I doing something wrong? I am not able to access any Red capabilities inside of AFter Effects, however I can inside of Premiere Pro. Thanks for your help.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Borix FX has not returned my call for 3 days, or returned my emails.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 15, 2007 at 6:33:23 pm

It should work as expected but because CS3 was released after RED was released there is a possibility of a version mismatch. I'm having this checked for you right now and will provide an answer for you as soon as the test results come in.

If you want to test this for yourself, you should use the 844/X install option and when it asks for the plug-ins directory, you should navigate to the AE 8 plug-ins folder. I tried it in AE 7 and while there is a "Global Flags Mismatch Error" message when you apply the RED effect to a clip, this can be ignored (click okay) and then the filter works as expected.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

FeelTheLove
on Aug 15, 2007 at 6:49:20 pm

Thanks Peter. Sorry about my outburst. I am just so addicted to using Red (which I do as standalone mostly) that the thought of not having it available inside of Effects (my new purchase) was frustrating.

I will try your suggestion, and look forward to your results as well.

Return to posts index

FeelTheLove
on Aug 15, 2007 at 7:00:18 pm

I installed using the 844/X install option and everything appears to be working. Thanks for your help. I am a happy RED user again. I assume I should remove the premiere plugins stashed inside of After Effects since they didn't work.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 15, 2007 at 7:10:33 pm

Delighted to hear that this worked for you - great news.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]