BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Tutorial Lost....

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ChrisTutorial Lost....
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 12:34:32 pm

I had a tutorial from Boris and I must have accidently erased it so maybe I can find the answer here.
In the tutotial the person used cylinders at about 50% wrap. Here's the tricky part, he somehow got the half cylinders to have thickness like a 3D extrusion spline track but curved. I have tried everything and I can't figure out how it was done. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Return to posts index

cow
peter mcauleyRe: Tutorial Lost....
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 3:16:09 pm

Hi,

I think I know what you are trying to do:

Return to posts index

ChrisRe: Tutorial Lost....
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 3:57:18 pm

Very close! Thank you. Only thing left is to figure out how he got the video to match the open C. The finished effect looked like an open C with thickness and glass material (this part was easy). The glass material made it so you could see matching video like the video was projected onto the curved glass behind it.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2007 at 4:21:21 pm

Good - glad that is working for you Chris. So, to get the video image onto the C shape, you need to use the textures tab. Set the face count to 1, then enable the texture checkbox. Then set the map method to stretch and load the texture video in the timeline by clicking on the V1 icon on the Front Texture sub-track.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2007 at 4:25:58 pm

Hmm..I already tried that and the video was rotated and distorted. No matter what I tried to do it seemed to make it worse.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2007 at 4:28:05 pm

Another way to bring the video into the texture track is to nest. Import the video as a separate flat track, then drag this onto the texture track. Can you try that?

Thanks,

P.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2007 at 5:05:28 pm

I tried this so now I'm calling Boris to se if I can get the email resent to me. Problem is the user story had some detail but not exact detail so I will still have to figure out some of it.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:18:26 pm

So the friendly folks at Boris finally found it. I'm not crazy after all.
http://www.studiodaily.com/studiomonthly/currentissue/8265.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]