BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris Continuum Complete v3 to v5 and G5 to Mac Pro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
climbon321
Boris Continuum Complete v3 to v5 and G5 to Mac Pro
on Aug 8, 2007 at 5:50:39 pm

Hey everyone,

So here is the situation that we are running into. Our online bays have been running Boris Continuum Complete version 3.0 and Final Cut Pro (5.0 and 5.1) on G5s.

We are now upgrading them to Mac Pros, Final Cut Pro 6.0 and Boris Continuum Complete v5. We have a lot of FCP5 projects that are in the works with Boris Continuum Complete v3 filters applied that we are unable to get working on the new machines. Is there any way to get the v3 filters working on an intel machine? Any help in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
peter mcauley
Re: Boris Continuum Complete v3 to v5 and G5 to Mac Pro
on Aug 9, 2007 at 3:52:39 pm

Hello,

If you are using the BCC 5 AE version of the product within FCP 6 then the projects should come forward and operate as expected, however, if you are using the BCC 5 FxPlug version of the filters in FCP 6 then the BCC 3 filters will not come forward as the BCC AE and the BCC FxPlug are different products and do not share the same filter settings. BCC 5 AE and BCC 5 FxPlug can co-exist on the same system.

I suggest you try using the trial version of BCC 5 within FCP 6 to ensure that the projects will migrate forward on your new system. Going forward, I strongly suggest that you use the FxPlug version of the filters instead of the AE version, relying on the AE version only to migrate projects forward.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]