BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX Issues in Premiere Pro CS3

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
surferj45Boris FX Issues in Premiere Pro CS3
by on Aug 1, 2007 at 12:53:35 am

I have been using Boris FX 9 in Sony Vegas 7 with no issues. I Recently purchased Premiere Pro CS3 and installed Boris FX 9 in it today. However, when I Look under the video effects in PPro CS3 there are two plug ins, Boris BorisFX 9 filter and Boris FX 9.0 Filter API 6. There are two plug ins under the PPro CS3 video transitions as well, Boris BorisFX 9 Transition and Boris FX 9.0 API 6. They both open the Boris FX program but open different instances of it. Is this normal or is there a way to get rid of one the plugins in each location?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX Issues in Premiere Pro CS3
by on Aug 1, 2007 at 3:42:46 pm

We'll take a look at this to see if we can understand the root cause of the double plug-in issue. It may be that because CS3 was not a released product at the time that we released FX 9 that there is some slight incompatibility between the applications but we won't know fully until we take a look at this in our labs. It is working for you though - right?

Return to posts index

surferj45Re: Boris FX Issues in Premiere Pro CS3
by on Aug 2, 2007 at 3:05:34 am

I discovered that the dual plug ins shown are actually the old version 9.0.5 and the new patched version 9.1.5. Apparently the patch doesn't remove the older version and they opperate independent of each other. I manually removed the older versions from the plug in folder and tried the patched version only. It worked fine on some blur effects but when I used the color glaze effect it crashed PPro CS3. But after reopening it and trying the color glaze again it seemed to work fine so I am not confident that it is fully stable with PPro CS3. Hopefully the Boris FX lab will test it fully with PPro CS3.

Return to posts index

Sync2RhythmRe: Boris FX Issues in Premiere Pro CS3
by on Sep 18, 2007 at 11:13:01 pm

I'm having this same issue w/ RED 4.
I installed Production Premium CS3, RED 4, then updated to RED 4.1.

- I now have 2 FX listed under Video Effects called Boris BorisRED 4 Filter & Boris RED 4.0 Filter API 6
- Under Video Transitions I have Boris BorisRED 4 Transition & Boris RED 4.0 API 6.

I'm not sure if I should delete one or the other. I'm just gonna leave them there for now until I hear a definite answer. Maybe there's a RED update coming?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved