BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

FX 9.1.5 & Stabilizer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Mac
FX 9.1.5 & Stabilizer
on Jul 25, 2007 at 3:48:46 pm

I have a 2 sec handheld clip that I want to stabilize using BFX from within Liquid 7.2. btw I have tried the same procedure in the BFX standalone program. The clip involves a slow handheld pan across a table. When I use 1 or 2 regions (trackers) and only have 1 (one) Video track when I apply to go back to AL7 I see 2 images (clips), with the moving one superimposed on another copy. I must be doing something really basically wrong here but cannot put my finger on it. I expect to increase the size of the clip to cover a blank area left by the stabilizer operation or am I misunderstanding the procedure? I have not used this filter before and despite going through the tutorial on the BFX site I am none the wiser.

Thanks

Alan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: FX 9.1.5 & Stabilizer
on Jul 25, 2007 at 6:05:18 pm

Hi,

If you would like to send me the FX project, I'll take a look at it to see if there is something obvious (to me) that might be the problem.

I don't need the media, just the FX project.

You can send me the project by zipping the BFX project file and emailing it to me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Alan Mac
on Jul 25, 2007 at 5:36:23 pm

Peter,

I sussed it out, for some reason the Face has a copy of the Video V1 media and that is what was causing the "double take". So, I apply the BFX in Liquid, edit the Effect (opens Boris), add the MS effect to the Video 1 track (delete Video 2 track) AND then turn off the eye on the Face (Track 1) media. I can then adjust as required (still learning finer details) and apply so it renders and goes back to Liquid complete with transparency on the edges about the moving clip.
Thanks for replying Peter, I will be posting more as I learn. I did post an email on the B Support site but have not heard back from them regarding a comment on the User Manual. another story...

Thanks

Alan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 25, 2007 at 5:40:14 pm

Hi Alan,

I'm glad that you were able to figure that out. Please feel free to contact me should you run into other issues with the application.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]