BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

HD render performance RED 3 vs RED 4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Editz541
HD render performance RED 3 vs RED 4
on Jul 19, 2007 at 8:50:02 pm

I was wondering if there are any software differences with respect to rendering performance of HD comps. We're doing some stuff in RED 3 that's causing our systems to crash during renders and we don't really know why. Might be overtaxing the PC, which is a XW8000 dual 3GHz Xeon with 2GB ram and a Quadro 980 card.

Return to posts index

theBoris
Re: HD render performance RED 3 vs RED 4
on Jul 20, 2007 at 4:41:31 pm

are you using a plugin or a stand alone? Sorry it was not clear from your post. RED 4 has many performance improvements over verision 3 but I can't say why 3 is not stable on your machine. Feel free to try RED 4.1 for for free and see if it solves your problem:

http://www.borisfx.com/downloads/

Return to posts index

Editz541
on Jul 21, 2007 at 4:33:36 pm

We use RED 3 both as standalone and plugin for MC Adrenaline. In this case I think it was the standalone that was having problems rendering HD comps.

Return to posts index

Editz541
on Jul 27, 2007 at 6:59:20 pm

No luck with RED 4. Still crashes a third of the way into a 900 frame comp. Anyone willing to take a look at the project?

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
on Jul 27, 2007 at 10:05:47 pm

I'll try and render it. Is it just the red file?

Return to posts index

Editz541
on Jul 27, 2007 at 11:17:14 pm

This is my first time looking at the project...it's one .ai file and six quicktimes, all in the 250-350MB range. I'd suspect that's what's causing the thing to crash, but I don't normally work with that much material.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]