BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED quitting unexpectedly

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arjay601RED quitting unexpectedly
by on Jul 11, 2007 at 6:12:21 pm

I'm running both Red3GL and 4. I've started using 4 with my newer FCP 5.1 projects but I have several older FCP 5 projects with Red3 comps and when I park my playhead over them, double-click and then attempt to activate the filter FCP crashes. The problem seems to be with the Red3GL engine because when I try to launch the stand alone engine it tries to start up but then crashes as well. I get the "The application Boris RED quit unexpectedly" box. My Red3 was a Try and By version so I don't know if I need to try to download the whole app again or if there's something else I can try. Any ideas? Thanks - Rich.

Return to posts index

arjay601Re: RED quitting unexpectedly
by on Jul 13, 2007 at 2:53:56 pm

More information now. I've reinstalled Red 4. I did the whole Caps lock thing upon restarting FCP. FCP still crashes every time I either apply RED 4 or try to re-open a RED 4 effect. Yes, the play head is directly on the clip. I'm dead in the water here. Do I re-install FCP? I've got a Technical Assistance request into Boris but this is driving me crazy.

Return to posts index

arjay601Re: RED quitting unexpectedly
by on Jul 17, 2007 at 7:09:30 am

For anyone who may be interested...
My final follow up. My RED3 and RED4 apps were somehow, someway, apparent victims of a Carbon Copy Cloning attempt gone bad. Even after I returned everything to my original configuration both RED engines failed to launch. So...after working all weekend rebuilding my system from the OS-up on a new clean drive everything is now working great.
Special thanks to Paul and the rest of tech support at Boris for all the help and guidance. RED3 was a TNB version so I was directed to a link for download. Outstanding service BorisFX! Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]