BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX and After Effects 6.5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tekhakBoris FX and After Effects 6.5
by on Jul 9, 2007 at 5:11:28 pm

I just bought Boiris Effects and was wondering how to allow After Effects to use the plugins. Do you really need to have Continum to merge After Effects and Boris FX.

I dragged the AE plugins in Bors to the AE PLugin Fodler but when I try to use them it gives me a message that say unable to verify Authorization.

So if FX and AE useless without continuim to mediate?

Marcus Pittman

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX and After Effects 6.5
by on Jul 9, 2007 at 6:43:46 pm

The filters that ship with BorisFX, Boris Graffiti and also Boris RED are for use only within the application that they are installed with. You cannot drag the filters from Boris FX and use them in After Effects. And this actually should be expected. For instance, you cannot drag the AE native filters from AE and use them in any other application. This is because like the effects that ship with FX/Graffiti/RED they are application specific.

You can purchase the BCC filters and use them inside of AE - this works quite well. The BCC product that you can download and install into AE is a different product than the filters that ship with FX/Graffiti/RED. The filters that ship with FX/Graffiti/RED have been optimized for these host applications before they were added to the product.

I hope this helps in understanding the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved