BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

angel or white effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio
angel or white effect
on Jul 5, 2007 at 5:38:58 pm

What filter to use to make a white dress more white?, do I need to make a mask or only applyind an specifict filter?.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: angel or white effect
on Jul 5, 2007 at 6:40:13 pm

To achieve the best result, you should make a mask. What application are you using? Is the person moving or is it a static shot? What is the background like - is the color / tone in the background very different to that of the dress?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Jul 5, 2007 at 6:47:01 pm

To achieve the best result, you should make a mask. What application are you using? Is the person moving or is it a static shot? What is the background like - is the color / tone in the background very different to that of the dress?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sergio
on Jul 5, 2007 at 11:51:20 pm

I am using Red 3.04 with BCC 3.0, the object is static (in a church)
yes the background is very different.
What is the difference with the background, let say in a gray wall and the background when the object is in a middle of a garden?

Best Regards

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
on Jul 6, 2007 at 12:01:01 am

lets see a still

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Jul 6, 2007 at 1:14:06 am

I agree with Stephen - seeing a still would be best. But based on the info that you provided, to whiten the dress you might consider using the Levels / Gamma filter. And this is included in both RED and also BCC. You can use the PixelChooser to create a matte, which will contain the effect to just the dress.

To do this, apply the filter to the clip, then enable the PixelChooser, setting it to View Chosen Pixels. Then go to the Matte tab / group and set the channel to Luma. Then adjust the black and white levels to set the matte so that it's only adjusting the values in the dress. Once you are satisfied with the matte, set the PixelChooser to On and go back to the main tab / group and from there you adjust the gamma, input white and input black parameters to whiten the dress.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Jul 6, 2007 at 1:15:50 am

You might also consider adding the Glow filter after the levels / gamma correction to finish the effect.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
on Jul 6, 2007 at 11:32:47 am

I was thinking along the lines of placing the video on top of the video and then masking the dress then desaturated the mask and add brightness to the dress. This would remove color as well as "whiten" the dress alone (isolated) from the rest of the scene. You could even do an effect with the dress itself, transition style.

Return to posts index

Sergio
on Jul 10, 2007 at 5:29:24 pm

Peter and Stephenlnoe, thanks for your comments, I really apreciate them, I already play with the levels filter, the resulat I got was good, not as I would like, but this is for my low experience level in BR, I need more practice.
For other hand, how can I post a picture or video to share or as example?

Best regards

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]