BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

new to boris

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shankudopnew to boris
by on Jul 5, 2007 at 3:58:44 pm

i have just installed the boris fx 7.0 and i use avid xpress pro hd now i just wanted to ask that how can i put the effects in boris to avid's timeline.....or i have to first make a cut and render it and then re-render it in boris.....

help is urgently required and will be appreciated

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: new to boris
by on Jul 5, 2007 at 6:35:51 pm

In a nutshell, you need to apply the filter to a clip byt dragging the filter from the filter palette onto the clip that you want to affect in the Avid timeline, then launch the BorisFX ui by clicking on the little button at the top of the effects window, create the desired effect in BorisFX, and click on the apply button at the bottom right of the Boris timeline window. Then you are back in the Avid UI. You need to render the effect from within Avid. You might want to go to the BorisFX web site,, if you need help in setting up any of the effects.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

shankudopRe: new to boris
by on Jul 7, 2007 at 11:41:15 am

sir i have tried what u have said in ur post but the problem is no such option exists in avid xpress pro effect editor. i have got an exe file of boris fx 7 do i have to put in the avid folder ...?

help me ...its urgent.

thank you

Return to posts index

theBorisRe: new to boris
by on Jul 8, 2007 at 3:28:45 pm

It seems that you are having a problem with proper installation. Make sure that you you are installing Boris product from the original distribution CD. Dragging files around will not get you anywhere....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved