BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How do you move effect in FCP?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BokertoneHow do you move effect in FCP?
by on Jun 19, 2007 at 2:19:30 am

I have used Boris effects inside Avid.
When I apply an effect such as Lens Flare- I am able to move the effect by dragging it around the canvas window.
In FCP- when I try to drag the effect- the whole image moves instead of just the effect.
How do I just drag the effect while in FCP?

Also- is there a good training video for using Boris with FCP?
It seems much more difficult than using it with Avid.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: How do you move effect in FCP?
by on Jun 19, 2007 at 12:25:52 pm

Hi,

In FCP you need to click on the cross-hair point control in the controls window to activate any on-screen control before clicking in the frame to reposition the point that you want to move. And you need to do this every time you want to move it as the control is released by FCP as soon as you take your finger off the mouse button. This is just the way things are in FCP and has nothing to do with the filter itself.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

BokertoneRe: How do you move effect in FCP?
by on Jun 19, 2007 at 11:40:36 pm

Thanks.
Is there a way to mark a universal keyframe?
The way I am getting effects to work is by keyframing each parameter on the first frame.
(They seem to key themselves after the first one)

Am I missing something- or does Boris just work so much easier in Avid?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: How do you move effect in FCP?
by on Jun 21, 2007 at 1:57:55 pm

I'm unclear as to how one would go about marking a universal keyframe in FCP ... perhaps someone else on this forum can chime in on that one. I know that Avid AVX 2 supports this but I'm not so sure about FCP. I think it may be on a parameter by parameter basis.

Each editing system sports a different API, which is how we program our products to work within a particular host environment. And each API has it's own set of idiosyncrasies. None are perfect. Have you tried using RED? When you use RED keyframing is the same regardless of the host environment.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

theBorisRe: How do you move effect in FCP?
by on Jun 23, 2007 at 2:43:15 am

Going back to your question about training DVDs, we have DVD based traning for Final Cut here:

http://www.borisfx.com/training/dvd.php

scroll down to find one called BCC for Apple Users

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]