BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Simple object masking

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarcSimple object masking
by on Jun 15, 2007 at 1:47:42 pm

Hi All,

I know, I should probably know this and RTFM comments will be taken to heart but since I use Boris FX so seldom and deadline is looming, may I please impose on the community for help: a picture hanging on a white wall in the background of a shot needs to be removed. Lighting varies slightly throughout the 1:25 shot due to sunlight coming in through skylights so if I could just cover the picture with a mask filled with the video of the wall just next to the picture I'd probably be OK. It's been so long since I've watched my Boris tutorials, I don't even know where to start. A basic step 1,2,3 to get me on the right track would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Simple object masking
by on Jun 15, 2007 at 6:14:42 pm

1. Duplicate the video track.
2. Create a new spline primitive that is the size of the picture. 3. Twirl down the track 1 all the way and drop spline onto highest mask in picking order.
4. Click on video 1 layer, then using comtrol window adjust it's position.

It is vital that you drop the spline onto the right mask track as one of the mask tracks is applied before transformations (your position) and the other after...You want the mask to be applied after so that the video moves and the mask doesn't.

Return to posts index

mark harveyPS
by on Jun 15, 2007 at 6:15:10 pm

hahahahaha !!!!!

Return to posts index

MarcRe: PS
by on Jun 15, 2007 at 7:27:38 pm

Hi Mark,

Mille mercis, I'm 95 % of the way there. Just need to refine the spline primitive shape and position and I should get what I need. Thanks a bunch, have a good weekend,

Return to posts index

Mark harveyRe: PS
by on Jun 15, 2007 at 9:21:09 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved