BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BLUE 2 and RED 4 bundled together?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Groenier
BLUE 2 and RED 4 bundled together?
on Jun 13, 2007 at 5:45:49 pm

Now that BLUE 2.0 works as an AVX plug-in like RED does is there any reason to get them bundled together? I thought the only reason to have RED too was because it worked as a plug-in while BLUE previously did not. Is there some sort of feature set that RED has over BLUE? My Avid dealer is quoting me both aps bundled on the same system and I'm wondering if I really need both anymore.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BLUE 2 and RED 4 bundled together?
on Jun 14, 2007 at 3:24:39 pm

Hi Dave,

Yes, there are indeed areas where the 2 applications do not overlap:

Return to posts index

Dave Groenier
on Jun 14, 2007 at 6:37:49 pm

Thanks, Peter. I just found the RED vs. BLUE page on the BFX site and you're right...the aps are sorta the same, yet sorta different. For a grand I guess having both is worth it. Although it seems like they should(probably will) combine them into one killer ap in the future. Boris PURPLE?

That really surprises me about the 16bit vs. 8bit color depth. How much does that hurt when creating for HD?

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Jun 14, 2007 at 8:16:50 pm

A lot!

Return to posts index

Dave Groenier
on Jun 15, 2007 at 2:24:12 pm

Crap. All I really want is for RED to come with some better 3D cameras and lights. I don't think I should need a whole 'nother ap for that. The bevels and warps might be nice too. But I also plan on jumping up to HD soon, which is why I'm getting a new system, so the whole Blue thing might be moot for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]