BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Text Window Auto Update

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peterht
Text Window Auto Update
on Jun 13, 2007 at 1:15:01 pm

I recently moved from Red 2.5 to 4.1. What happened to the auto update option in the text window? Had it moved or is it gone? Thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Text Window Auto Update
on Jun 13, 2007 at 3:28:00 pm

Hi,

The auto-update function was a necessary function in RED when you were confined to generating text within the static text generator window, however, when we added the on-screen text function we removed this feature as we felt that most people would use the on-screen text generator instead of the static text generator. With the on-screen text, you can see all changes as you make them over the composite window with full auto update.

If you prefer to use the text generator, and in some cases it is necessary (when importing text, for instance), you can still see the update before you commit the text to screen by manually clicking on the update button.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peterht
on Jun 14, 2007 at 10:38:06 am

Wow! Thats great. I just dove into 4.1 with my 2.5 experience as I was slammed. I guess I better find time to read the docs or hock the car for a training DVD. Thanks for the quick resonse!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 14, 2007 at 3:30:50 pm

I'm glad that helped. And by the way, there is electronic documentation available from the help menu within RED 4.1 - far easier than searching through a paper manual.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

theBoris
on Jun 17, 2007 at 2:09:50 pm

I may add that in RED 4.1 we added a new Update Text command under the Track menu. You can assign your own keyboard short cut to in via Edit/Shortcuts... editor. This way you can quickly preview your edits in the Text window without lifting fingers from the keyboard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]