BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red crashes in this situation...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
axel andyBoris Red crashes in this situation...
by on Jun 3, 2007 at 7:47:05 pm

After I import an eps file then try to export as an "swf" file the system crashes. It only crashes with the eps files. I haven't had a problem exporting swf's that were made with other files.

I have to use the stand alone engine for this because I need my composition size to be 180x135 pixels. If I launch from the host I can't change the dimmensions.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red crashes in this situation...
by on Jun 5, 2007 at 3:37:33 pm

Hi,

What platform are you on? Have you tried converting the imported EPS file to splines to see if that bypasses the crash that you are seeing? Can you send me a copy of the EPS file? If so then please zip it and send it to me at petrem@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

axel andyRe: Boris Red crashes in this situation...
by on Jun 7, 2007 at 1:24:53 pm

Hi Peter...

When using the 3.04 version of the stand alone engine it crashes on import of eps files. So I tried launching my older 3.0 version and had absolutely no problems. I'll come back to this problem later. Right now I need to figure out an effect for a job I'm doing. Could you check out me recent posting regarding a "sparkle/light flash" effect?

Thanks!

K

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red crashes in this situation...
by on Jun 14, 2007 at 3:48:26 pm

Hi Kay,

Feel free to contact me directly regarding any issue that you may encounter when using RED. My email address is peterm@borisfx.com. There may be something system specific that is causing this error - can you please send me your system specs? Perhaps you could also send me the EPS file that is causing the crash and I'll give it a go here.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]