BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Chinese subtitles in Boris Graffiti 3?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GSW videoChinese subtitles in Boris Graffiti 3?
by on May 30, 2007 at 6:49:18 pm

Can this be done? I've saved a Chinese word document as an RTF file and have tried to import it in Boris Graffiti 3 but when the text opens up its some other weird font, not Chinese. I've been told Graffiti 5 may do this for me and to download the trial but if there is a work around, I'd prefer to try that first.
I'm running Media 100i v8.2.1 & Boris Graffiti 3.0 on a G4 running OS10.4.9.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Chinese subtitles in Boris Graffiti 3?
by on Jun 1, 2007 at 12:57:17 pm

I think you may be in a situation where you are forced to upgrade to Graffiti 5 to complete the task. The upgrade is a very reasonable $199 and for that you get a ton of new features. As per the advice that you have already had, I second the suggestion of downloading the trial version to see if that works for you.

By the way, are you copying and pasting the text into the text generator window or using the import command and bringing in the RTF?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

GSW videoRe: Chinese subtitles in Boris Graffiti 3?
by on Jun 1, 2007 at 2:07:32 pm

Thanks for the advice. I tried both methods. The import as RTF worked but didn't keep all the characters. It inserted ?marks for certain characters. Copying and pasting text didn't work at all...nothing was pasted.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Chinese subtitles in Boris Graffiti 3?
by on Jun 1, 2007 at 2:14:47 pm

Judging from your result, I suspect that there might be an issue in G3 that will preclude you from completing the job. And by the way, the Graffiti trial version will operate without watermark for 30 days and is totally free to download and try - might be worth a shot.

Feel free to send the RTF to me (zipped) and I'll give it a go - my email is peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]