BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red 4 and effect icons in Avid

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mort27
Boris Red 4 and effect icons in Avid
on May 22, 2007 at 12:33:31 pm

Just updated Boris Red 3 to Red 4 in AVID Xpress Pro 5.2 (Windows). All existing Boris Red icons in timelines show up blank and cannot open. Had to reinstall Red 3 and leave both versions on machine. Anyone know why Red 4 isn't recognizing previous effect icons? Any way to fix this and just have 4 see the previous icons?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Red 4 and effect icons in Avid
on May 22, 2007 at 5:18:39 pm

Hi,

There is a solution to this problem. First you'll need to have both RED 3 and 4 installed. Then you need to open the RED 3 effects, promote them from AVX 1.5 to AVX 2 and apply the effects back to the timeline. The promoted effect will now open in RED 4. Once you have promoted all of the effects from AVX 1.5 to AVX 2.0 you should be able to safely uninstall RED 3.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mort27
on May 22, 2007 at 7:14:40 pm

Thanks, but I don't know how to "promote" them. How do I do that?

I had found a way of doing it, I dont know if its the same as you suggest. Basically just open the effect in 3, copy the tracks, close, drop a version 4 on the timeline and then open it up and paste the tracks into the new version. This is a real pain though.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on May 22, 2007 at 9:12:36 pm

Hi,

You can only promote an effect through the Avid controls. Go to a clip which has an effect applied to it and select it in the timeline. Then enter into effects mode. At the bottom of the effects control window, you will see a purple button that when pressed will promote the effect from an AVX 1.5 effect to an AVX 2.0 effect.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

mort27
on May 23, 2007 at 12:18:04 pm

Thanks again, but I dont have that button in the bottom of the effects palette in Xpress Pro 5.2, and I'm not seeing a command for it either. It is somewhere else in this version?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 23, 2007 at 1:45:47 pm

Sorry, some bad news - unfortunately you'll have to upgrade your Avid to 5.5 to get the AVX 2 conform option. Without that I'm afraid your only workflow is the one that you have already been using.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]