BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Lens Flare

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McWilliam
Lens Flare
on May 14, 2007 at 11:42:36 am

I've just bought Boris FX 9 & Graffiti 5 for Avid Xpress Pro and was disappointed to find no Lens Flare. Is there any way to use the After Effects plug-in which I know and like?
Also is there any way to regenerate the thumbnails in the Library Browser without uninstalling & reinstalling the whole caboodle?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Lens Flare
on May 14, 2007 at 5:12:10 pm

Hi,

It is true that neither FX nor Graffiti include the Lens Flare filters, which are however included in Boris RED. It seems to me as though you might have been better served with a RED purchase over the individual purchase of FX and Graffiti as RED includes not only all of FX plus all of Graffiti but also all of the BCC filters. If it's not too late perhaps you could return the FX and Graffiti packages and get RED instead. Or you could purchase the AE (not AVX) version of BCC and install that into FX / Graffiti. Or you could purchase the AVX version of BCC and use the filters directly within the Avid UI without using FX or Graffiti.

Alternatively, because both FX and Graffiti include the ability to use 3rd party After Effects filters, if you have the Knoll Lens Flare installer you can use that to install the Lens Flare into either Graffiti or FX - or both. If you need any assistance with the installation please feel free to contact our tech support gurus who will help you with this free of charge. You can contact them at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 14, 2007 at 6:22:22 pm

Hello again,

Actually I just realized that the Lens Flare effect does not come packaged with RED 4 either so probably your best bet would be to purchase the BCC AVX set and apply the BCC Lens Flare directly to clips in the timeline of your host editing system. Or, you can purchase BCC for After Effects hosts and install it into the copies of FX and Graffiti that you have already purchased.

I hope this helps - any sorry for any confusion.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

John McWilliam
on May 15, 2007 at 8:53:47 am

Yes, it does, very much, thank you.

Looking around on the net, the Knoll Light Factory looks like the best option for me, right now, from those you suggested.

Cheers,

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]