BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Open GL not working

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Breen-Kurucsev
Open GL not working
on May 10, 2007 at 6:52:02 am

Hi all,

I am running Red 3GL and all used to work fine, but now if I put it on openGL mode no footage shows up on the composite screen, turn OpenGL off and it all works, I am using an ati x1900 card and ythe Boris test says it's fine for openGL.
Any ideas?

thanks,
Nick

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Open GL not working
on May 10, 2007 at 12:04:00 pm

Are you working on a dual-monitor setup? If so, does it help to move the comp window over to the other monitor?

Just speculating here, but worth the five seconds to check.

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 10, 2007 at 3:14:24 pm

Has anything been changed on this system. such as a driver update for the video card? Is this happening when you run RED as standalone or as a plug-in (or both?) Are you running another application simultaneously which may be preventing RED from accessing the video card?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Nick Breen-Kurucsev
on May 11, 2007 at 12:07:47 pm

1. it is a dual monitor setup, but it doesn't matter which monitor it's on neither work
2.Whether as a plugin or a stand alone neither work, even if nothing else is running.

No drivers were changed, but I did delete the .ini files so I could change my preferences to premultiplied alpha

thanks for your replies
Nick

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Peter McAuley
on May 11, 2007 at 9:29:39 pm

I'd suggest reinstalling RED and seeing if that takes care of the issue. Please let me know if this works to correct the problem. Meanwhile let's see if any of the folk in our tech support lab have seen this before and if so what the cure for the problem was.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]