BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

time line won't play in Red

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Axel Andytime line won't play in Red
by on Mar 12, 2007 at 7:59:26 pm

I am new to Red & I'm using 3.0.04.
Often, my boris timeline won't play when I launch it from the host (avid xpress dv). I've tried clearing the cache and sometimes that will make it play - but not always. I've checked the preferences to make sure they match what I had with Boris FX - because I didn't have this problem with fx.

My graphics card is a Matrox Millenium and doesn't support the open gl thing so that's turned off.

I can play the boris timeline in the stand alone engine and if I get out of Avid and come back in, then re-launch boris red from the host, it usually works...for a short period of time - then stops playing again.

I can "scrub" the TL but just can't get it to play.

K

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: time line won't play in Red
by on Mar 12, 2007 at 8:42:59 pm

You should probably upgrade to RED 3.0.4 ... that's the most recent free updater for this version of the software. RED 4 is the latest version and is much more powerful than RED 3 but you should at least be at RED 3.0.4. This is a free update from the BorisFX web site and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/

Have you tried to make a preview to RAM? You may find that more efficient than just pressing the play buttons.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Axel AndyRe: time line won't play in Red
by on Mar 12, 2007 at 9:02:54 pm

I am at Red 3.0.4. Red 4 kept crashing my system.
K

Return to posts index

by on Mar 13, 2007 at 3:36:06 pm

Perhaps someone from our support team can help you to figure out why RED 4 was crashing your system. I can only encourage you to send an email to the team at support@borisfx.com and I'm sure that they will be able to resolve the problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Axel AndyRe: time line won't play in Red
by on Mar 13, 2007 at 5:20:13 pm

Red 4.0 isn't supported with Avid Xpress DV 3.5. This from the Boris team.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 13, 2007 at 5:58:46 pm

Yes, that's correct - and that would explain why you are having problems. The current revision for Avid Xpress is I think 5.6 so you would have to upgrade the host in order for RED 4 to work. Sorry.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]