BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

red4 image lost

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mott441red4 image lost
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 9:02:13 pm

I composited an image over another and used 'soft'as the apply mode. I didn't like the underlying video so I turned it off . Now layer 2 is 'soft' over black, but when I step out of Boris and back into Media Composer I see nothing but black. When I change the apply mode to normal, the image appears. Why?

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: red4 image lost
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 2:40:33 pm

Hi,

I'll need a little more information before I can offer an explanation for the result that you are seeing. What are you applying the Boris effect to - a video clip? If so then what does the clip look like before you apply Boris? What Boris product are you using ... RED/FX/Graffiti? Where does the media that you are compositing come from ... a folder on the desktop or the Avid timeline?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mott441Re: red4 image lost
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 4:56:49 pm

I'm currently using RED4, in fact I just upgraded to version 4 (from 3)and since I had some down time here at work I figured I play around a liitle. In the video track of the avid Media Composer I used a Juice background. Next I imported several jpeg stills(720x486). I intersected the images at the center point of the screen as well as the center of the stills. Image 1 was set to spin at 0 degrees(constant). Image 2 was set to 120 degrees(constant). Image 3 was set to 240 degrees(constant). I then placed the intersecting images into a 3d container. The container then rotates 1 revolution around(20 seconds). Now, while I am in the Boris program you don't see anything wrong, it's when I step back into the Avid host program that it becomes noticable, especialy after it's been rendered. The frames disappear and then re-appear. I saved this project and opened it up in Red3 and it worked with no problem.

Back to Red 4 - I then used just one image only in the spinning container(shutting the other two images off.) It still flickers.

more problems...I also had another incident where the still images became squashed(about 50% vertically)- again only through the avid program. When I was in RED it looked fine. Same problem in RED3.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: red4 image lost
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 5:14:59 pm

Wow ... sounds odd - RED obviously should not be behaving like that. Are you using the latest updated version? Can you please send us the project setting from RED? We don't need the media, just the project setting. We'll then apply this in an Avid timeline to see if we can reproduce the issue. If we can repro the issue then we can fix it. Please send the project to us at support@borisfx.com along with a description of the problem. You might want to zip up the project file before you send it.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mott441Re: red4 image lost
by on Mar 15, 2007 at 3:18:31 pm

CURED! I upgraded Red4.03 to Red 4.1 and the flicker problem doesn't exist. I originally thought I was working in 4.1, I must of downloaded the upgrade,but never installed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]