BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Grafitti 5 with Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Grafitti 5 with Premiere Pro
on Mar 7, 2007 at 6:26:07 pm

I installed Grafitti 5 today. I use Premiere Pro 1.5. Upon reading this board, I realize I should have checked the system requirements, because I do not have a compatible video card.

Is that why the background in the composite window does not show my Premiere timeline?

Of the video cards listed on the Boris website, what would you recommend, given a budget of $200? I have a Pentium 4 2.8ghz computer. Old, I know, but it is what I have to work with.

Alternative is to return software, if allowed that is.

Mik

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Grafitti 5 with Premiere Pro
on Mar 8, 2007 at 4:38:11 pm

Hi,

It might be that it's the video card alright - I just checked one of the systems here and Graffiti works as expected and displays the contents of the video track that the filter was applied to in Premiere Pro 1.5 so I have to assume that it's not software which is causing the problem.

With regard to which video card to purchase ... the machine that I tested with uses an N-Vidia G-Force 6800, which costs about $200 but I'm sure that lesser cards would work too. As long as the card has 32 MB of texture memory you should be fine.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 8, 2007 at 5:39:48 pm

Thanks for the replay. I too can see the video if I apply the Grafitti effect to a clip on a Premiere track.
What I want to do is use Grafitti like you use the titler in Premiere - have the Grafitti clip on its own track, and have it supered over the underlying tracks. It will do this, but you cannot preview the underlying tracks within Grafitti.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 8, 2007 at 6:17:18 pm

This is correct - while the Graffiti effect will work and enable you to generate a title as you describe (I'm assuming you are applying it to black video), you can only see the underlying video tracks once you exit from Graffiti. This is because Graffiti will only read video from the track to which it was applied. The only way around this is to export the media from Premiere Pro and then import this as a movie file into the background track when in Graffiti.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 8, 2007 at 6:23:37 pm

yes, that is what the Boris tech support told me, but he was unsure of exactly what I was talking about.

You are in sync with what I am talking about - too bad it does not work the way I was expecting it to. I used to use Grafitti in the Media 100, and it worked the way I described.

Well, I will have to make do.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]