BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Importing multiple clips

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MosaicImporting multiple clips
by on Mar 5, 2007 at 6:54:12 pm

Hello! I can't find the answer to what seems an elementary question... Can I import more than one clip at a time to Boris FX timeline? I often want to bring in many short video clips or jpgs for an animated montage or NLE compostion. I alway revert to open and close the dialogue box for each one. It would go much faster if I bring in several clips at once!

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Mac G-4 OS 10.3.9, Media 100xs 8.2.3a, Boris FX 8, Grafitti 4, Smart Sound Sonic Pro 3.
Windows XP Media, Adobe CS2 Suite

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Importing multiple clips
by on Mar 5, 2007 at 9:31:20 pm

Hi,

We extended the drag and drop feature of graffiti and fx so that you can drag multiple clips at once from any folder into the timeline, but this is only in the latest versions of these applications. In RED you can drag multiple files at once into the project window or the timeline.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

MosaicRe: Importing multiple clips
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 7:27:28 pm

Thanks Peter. Can you explain the "extend drop and drag" procedure please? Now, this sounds really elementary! Is this a program setting change? Or do I need an upgrade again?

I also discovered I can't select multiple tracks then Command+A and get all the keyframes selected. Only the topmost set of keyframes is selected. So, perhaps this is a keyboard setting issue? Or maybe not even related. Either way, the simplest shortcuts are not behaving correctly.

Joan

Mac G-4 OS 10.3.9, Media 100xs 8.2.3a, Boris FX 8, Grafitti 4, Smart Sound Sonic Pro 3.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Importing multiple clips
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 2:56:40 pm

Hi Joan,

The versions that you have of the Boris products do not support the extended drag and drop feature that you are looking for. This was added to the product line for this year and is available in FX 9, Graffiti 5 and RED 4. To use it you select several clips from any folder on the desktop and then drag these over into the timeline. When you release the mouse and drop the clips into the timeline, the media files all appear as new 3D Plane tracks. Alternately, in RED, you can drag these files into the project window and then drag them from the project window into the timeline of any comp - RED supports multiple comps in each project.

Regarding the shortcuts - the select all shortcut is for selecting all tracks or elements in the composite and does not apply to the keyframes on the track. Additionally, there is no way to select keyframes across tracks - you must select keyframes on a track by track basis. To select multiple keyframes, you select the first one and then hold the shift key and select the last one. All keyframes in between the two clicked keyframes on that track become selected.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

MosaicRe: Importing multiple clips
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 11:56:09 pm

Clear as a bell! Thank you.

Joan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]