BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Rotoscoping and Ligth gliter effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SERGIO
Rotoscoping and Ligth gliter effect
on Mar 2, 2007 at 7:39:29 pm

What is the easies way to make a rotoscoping effect with a moving object?, in this case a person, I mean do I have to do it frame by frame?
And I want to apply a light glitter effect (BCC)in just part (an area) of my video, but the effect apears in all the screean (face) how can add this particular effect in just one part of the video? That I want to do is put the sparks in the dress of the bride!!, but how?!!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Editz541
Re: Rotoscoping and Ligth gliter effect
on Mar 2, 2007 at 8:58:20 pm

The definition of rotoscoping is:

"Manipulating or painting on individual frames."

You could draw one by hand using the spline tool, or maybe use a BCC Motion Key like in RED 4 -- haven't tried it myself though.

I assume the Glitter filter has Pixel Chooser or Region controls? Try messing around with those and note what happens.

Return to posts index

sergio
on Mar 4, 2007 at 3:10:18 am

Well, thanks for comment but bcc light glitter does not have pixelchooser!! and it does not have a tag for crop it or mask it, any other idea??

Comments are welcome!.

Return to posts index

Editz541
on Mar 4, 2007 at 11:43:25 pm

Pg. 454 of the manual says:

"The Glitter Alpha Map Layer menu determines how the glitter uses alpha channel information. The Alpha Map works in conjunction with the Glitter Preserve Alpha parameter to determine how much glitter to apply within the alpha channel area. You can use the Filter Layer, or use one of the layers below the filtered layer in the timeline by choosing 1st Below or 2nd Below."

Return to posts index

SERGIO
on Mar 5, 2007 at 3:39:32 pm

Editz, thanks for comments, I lareday read the instructions but I do not get it, I tried but not sucess with the glitter in just one part of the video, can you be more specific and explaing it a little better?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]