BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Blue Help - Open GL Error with Nvidia 6600 series card

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bluestupa
on Mar 2, 2007 at 12:42:08 pm

Hi all, I am trying to see if an upgrade from Red 3.04 to either Blue, Red4, or ContinumComplete is in the cards. I have installed Blue with the latest patches but on the second run, I get an OpenGL warning and then a hang. If I then delete the BorisBlue.ini file I can reopen Blue and work, but none of my settings are saved that way. I have a nvidea 6600 thAT SUPPORTS opengl and Red 3.04 works fine without a problem. So what's up with that?!?

I also get Missing Shader ID errors on some of the preset effects, but I am pretty sure the install is complete and valid. I think some of the effects are barfing on this card....what to do? thanks!
BS

Return to posts index

Paul  FX
Re: Boris Blue Help - Open GL Error with Nvidia 6600 series card
on Mar 2, 2007 at 5:49:05 pm

bluestupa, yes that card is supported for OpenGL but, not for Boris Blue. Here is a link to Blue's system requirements.

http://www.borisfx.com/product/blue/requirements.php

Return to posts index

Bluestupa
Re: Boris Blue Help - Open GL Error with Nvidia 6600 series card
on Mar 5, 2007 at 1:59:42 pm

Thanks paul. I guess we will go with RED 4, as that works fine on that card. I wish I could figure out the differences between Blue, Red, and Continuim. I tried reading the gorp on the Boris website, but it makes no sense. It made less sense when I installed all 3 trials. For example, Continuim installs what seems to be the same filter set as Red, but perhaps that's correct, and Red just has the standalone interface?!? Blue's results were not as sharp as Red, but maybe it's the card i have.
BS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]