BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Red 4.1 - Colorize Glow is great effect but PixelChooser is Busted

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry AsbellRed 4.1 - Colorize Glow is great effect but PixelChooser is Busted
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 3:18:25 am

Colorize Glow adds a great looking glow but when I tried to wipe a band of it across my text I found a bug in this filter's PixelChooser. Do this simple test: In a new composition add BCC Colorize Glow to Layer 1. It should go orange. Then go to the PixelChooser tab and select Shape: Inside Rectangle. Then in the first pull down select View Chosen Pixels. You should see a white rectangle, but in most cases I find that nothing happens. Try the same with any other filter and you'll see how it's supposed to work.

I get unpredictable results when I turn PixelChooser on and try to animate the region. Once I was able to animate a glow band across text but when I went to modify it PixelChooser no longer worked, i.e. the glow was on all the text all the time. Other times I can't get it to work at all. I hope there can be a fix for this.

When I wipe between a filtered and unfiltered layer it's more complicated to do and it doesn't look as good.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Red 4.1 - Colorize Glow is great effect but PixelChooser is Busted
by on Mar 5, 2007 at 9:46:28 pm

Hi,

I just took a look at this and agree that the pixel chooser region seems to be a little unpredictable - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll ask engineering to take a look to see if we can isolate the problem.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]