BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CountdownHow do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 4:16:31 pm

I've created a 12 sec. animation sequence that after revisions now needs to be a total of 20 seconds. I need to lengthen some of the effects, hold others, etc. in the sequence to get it to sync with the new audio track.
But when I type in a new duration in either the timeline window or the project settings, it lengthens all the tracks and keyframes to fill the new duration. Even if I make a new project timeline of 20 secs. and copy and paste the tracks from the 12 second timeline into it, the tracks still expand to fill the space.
How do I make the tracks stay the same length and simply add blank space/time to the end of the timeline sequence. (Isn't this what happens in AE?)

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: How do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 6:20:38 pm

In the prefs, there is an option called keep keyframe time. Check it, then change the duration of your timeline.

Mark

Return to posts index

CountdownRe: How do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 6:29:31 pm

Thank you for that information, but I went through all the prefs tabs and didn't see such an option in RED 4.1 on the MAC.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: How do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 6:46:35 pm

I looked in Red 3GL, on the PC. I don't have 4 installed here at work, so I will have to check later.

Mark

Return to posts index

by on Feb 21, 2007 at 6:48:48 pm

PS....seems to me(from memory) that there are not only prefs in 4, but also project settings...sniff anround in there.

Good luck

Mark

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: How do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 7:07:42 pm

I believe it's called "Hold parameter Values" in the project preferences in Red 4.

have fun...

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2007 at 12:55:40 am

Thanks Stephen,

Have been swamped lately so my Red4 experience has been much more limited than I would have liked.

Mark

Return to posts index

Larry AsbellRe: How do you make timeline longer without stretching all the tracks?
by on Feb 25, 2007 at 8:10:52 pm

In Red 4, lots of options have been moved to a tabbed palette that can be kept open as you work. Under the Window menu, select Show Keyframe Palette. There is your "Keep Keyframe Time" checkbox.

By the way that "Hold Parameter Values" option is for a different purpose.

- Larry Asbell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]