BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Corner Pin Doesn't Work in RED 4.1?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Countdown
BCC Corner Pin Doesn't Work in RED 4.1?
on Feb 15, 2007 at 9:49:52 pm

I'm trying to take a still picture inside a bump Map effect and pin the corners to a sightly irregular quilt rectangle on the track below. (Both the bump map/still track and the quilt are inside a 3D container).

I can't figure out how to do it. The BCC Coner Pin help documentation says "The
Corner Pin Source menu sets the track that you want to corner pin onto the filtered track.
The choices are None, Filter Layer, 1st Below or 2nd Below. In general, the easiest method
is to place the filtered track on a track above the corner pin image."

I don't see a Corner Pin Source menu. I have a Corner Pin Source track, but that gives me only the standard fare for sources (V1, V2, movie file, etc.), no None, Filter Layer, 1st Below or 2nd Below choices.

What does the manual mean by "filtered track" and "corner pin image"? Does that mean it wants me to apply the corner pin filter to the background track (quilt) and then add a track below that one with the image that will be pinned (bump map/still)?

Return to posts index

Countdown
Re: BCC Corner Pin Doesn't Work in RED 4.1?
on Feb 15, 2007 at 10:46:42 pm

I lied. I can figure out how to do it after a little experimenting. Put the Corner Pin filter on the Face track above the BCC Bump Map filter track. In the Controls/BCC Corner Pin tab, uncheck "Use 'Background' Track (Set in Timeline) and uncheck "Use 'Corner Pin Source' Track (Set in Timeline)", Render "Corner Pin Only" and uncheck "Use Motion Trackers". Simple. Yet unlike the help menu.

Return to posts index

Countdown
BCC Corner Pin DOES Work in RED 4.1 But...
on Feb 15, 2007 at 11:05:54 pm

With the BCC Corner Pin track seen (eye on) my image is about half the size compared to having the track unseen (eye off). Also with the Corner Pin filter track unseen I can crop my image in the Transformation track, but with the Corner Pin filter track seen, my cropping has no effect. I need to crop the image before I pin it. If I crop in Corner Pin, it distorts the image.
How can I fix these problems? I need to keep the image undistorted because it will match live video going into and out of the effect.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: BCC Corner Pin DOES Work in RED 4.1 But...
on Feb 16, 2007 at 1:56:53 pm

Hi,

If you first move the pin points so that they are at the extreme edges of the composite window, you will see that the entire image is displayed, undistorted and uncropped. Then use the crop controls and observe that the image is "cropped" into the pin region. There are no locks for XY so the image will appear distorted if you use anything other than the same number in each of the crop boxes. In other words, if you need to crop 50 pixels from each side then enter 50 into each of the 4 crop parameters. Once you crop, then you position using the on-screen point controls. This should work but if it doesn't please let me know and we'll take a look to see if we can figure it out together.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]