BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Please help, can't export 23.98p from Red 3.0.5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mus man
Please help, can't export 23.98p from Red 3.0.5
on Feb 13, 2007 at 3:58:15 pm

I've tried pretty much every setting in Red, everything's set to 23.98 and the media that I'm importing is 23.98. But when I export I get a 24fps file. I did try to trick the system and open a blank Reg generator in FCP and open the same file there. When I export it I and compare it above the 24fps file, they are slightly out of sync. Also, the file opened in the Red generator is much darker than it should be . Anyway, I was jusy wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if there was some kind of fix. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: Please help, can't export 23.98p from Red 3.0.5
on Feb 14, 2007 at 9:24:13 pm

Hi,

We're researching this issue at the moment and will see what we can do to provide a fix in the near future. Unfortunately for now a 23.98 FPS project exported from RED will indeed result in a 24 FPS clip.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

mus man
on Feb 15, 2007 at 12:26:58 am

Peter, thank you very much for getting back with me. Is this a problem with Red 4 as well, or just Red 3? Again, I appreciate your getting back with me, but I really don't understand how this slipped through the cracks for so long. With as many people working with 24p material these days I'm shocked that this hasn't been noticed and dealt with before now.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 15, 2007 at 6:10:34 pm

Hi,

Yes, it's a problem with RED 4 as well as RED 3 and although we have no immediate solution to offer please understand that we are working on the problem and that we will arrive at a solution. Thanks for mentioning this and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]