BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trying to Learn - How did they do that?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard KriderTrying to Learn - How did they do that?
by on Feb 11, 2007 at 4:03:55 pm

Using an Effect from the Boris Library - Text Passing I want to do something similar and have been trying to study the effect to determine how it was done.

My question is - Is there a way to step through an effect and see what transformations have been set over time? After I apply the effect to my project I step thru the time line and see changes occuring in the Composition window but do not see any changes in the Controls or Composition windows. I've toggled touched parameters, added Keyframes thinking that the current paraameter values would display but nothing seems to work. Looking at the first keyframe and the last doesn't seem to tell me anything either.

Any ideas or better approaches to this effort?

Return to posts index

Flip8600Re: Trying to Learn - How did they do that?
by on Feb 12, 2007 at 2:42:23 pm

A quick way to see what's been animated in an effect is to toggle the Smart View button in the timeline. Try this:

- open a library effect
- select a track in the timeline and twirl down the disclosure triangle so you can see Transformations, and open that as well
- toggle the button in the timeline that say "Toggle Smart View", it should be the farthest right in the bottom row of buttons.

The Smart View shows you all of the parameters that have been changed or animated and hides the rest, similar to pressing the "u" key in After Effects. This is global to the timeline so once it's toggled you and look at any track or filter and see only altered/animated parameters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved