BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Online Knowledge-base

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard KriderOnline Knowledge-base
by on Feb 10, 2007 at 12:52:08 am

Where is it? In several of Boris' online video tutorials the narration indicates that detailed info is available in the Online Knowledge-base at Boris' web site. This I cannot find!

The documentation that accompanies the product has very little detail. Is there a definitive manual for RED? Is there some document which details possible parameter settings for each tab along with a description of what the tab will "do".

The Tutorials are nice but when told to set a value with no explanation it really isn't teaching.

Don't get me wrong, the product is truly amazing but I continually find myself struggling with each new feature I try out as I have to guess and experiment to learn the extent of its capabilities.

There seems to be an assumption of a extremely high level of expertise.

One would think a $1k product would have a good help system.

Am I just complaining too much or do others agree there is a need for better documentation?

Please advise

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Online Knowledge-base
by on Feb 12, 2007 at 5:37:00 pm

Hi Richard,

The on-line knowledge base for RED is located on the RED product page on the BorisFX web site. If you go to and look to column on the right side you will see a link labeled Online Help. If you click this link the electronic help system, aka knowledge base, will open up in a new window of your web browser. The knowledge base contains everything from the printed manuals and more. Because it is searchable and easy to keep up to date, we chose this approach over printed manuals. You can also access this same information if you launch RED and then from the help menu select Boris RED help. If you go to the Reference Information section of the help system, you will find detailed information on each parameter along with information for each separate tab. Have you seen this section yet? If you have and feel as though this is not enough please let us know so that we may improve upon it. With regard to training, there are a couple of pretty good DVD's available which might help you in getting a better grasp of the product. I agree learning a new product can be difficult, especially one as complex as a compositing system. We will do what we can to post more tutorials in an effort to make the product easier to grasp.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved