BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

unlock code? and ...Can you do free form text?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
unlock code? and ...Can you do free form text?
on Feb 2, 2007 at 8:51:40 pm

I registered grafitti ltd over two weeks ago and I'm still getting soccer balls behind my text!

How do they assign unlock codes?

Also, I'd like to know whether graffiti can do text in a free-form arrangement (not with
a hard left center of right allignment of all text)

I want to creat a title composition placing text in a more artistic arrangement.

Thanks

Larry

LSW

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: unlock code? and ...Can you do free form text?
on Feb 5, 2007 at 5:02:48 pm

Hi Larry,

The soccer ball is simply the default media image and has nothing to do with the unlock code in the trial version, which renders and X watermark over the image after the initial trial has expired. Once you enter the unlock code, the X should disappear.

The soccerball will actually be replaced with the video track from the timeline of the editing application once the effect has been applied. If you want to you can delete this track by selecting it and pressing the delete / backspace key on the keyboard. Or you can just disable the display of the soccerball by clicking on the eyeball icon in the timeline on the background track, next to where it shows V1.

The text can be set in Graffiti as you would set text in any text generator. Once you have entered the text that you want to work with, you can select the face track (it's in the master track so you have to click on the little triangle next to the track name in the timeline) and you should then see that the controls window displays all of the parameters that you are looking for - justification parameters, type-on parameters etc. You might want to take a look into the on-line help system which offers a clear description of how to use this feature. To access the help system, click on help>Boris graffiti Help and the electronic help will be displayed in a web browser.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Feb 5, 2007 at 6:49:13 pm

Thanks Peter,
I'll try out your suggestions!

Larry

LSW

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Feb 5, 2007 at 6:57:56 pm

Peter,
Another thought.

Are you saying that you can place take in any random position you want?

Like text nested in other text without reguard to a baseline? Above and below, larger and smaller etc.
A complete textual composition?

Larry

LSW

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 5, 2007 at 8:53:37 pm

Hey Larry,

The answer is yes, you can do that for sure ... you'll have to use the jitter function to randomize the baseline position. This function is on the jitter tab in he controls window, which is only visible when the face sub-track of a text track has the current selection in the timeline. You just need to change the value of the jitter position y parameter. You can unlock it from the position x if you want to by clicking on the lock icon.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]