BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Commotion and BCC

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SergioCommotion and BCC
by on Feb 2, 2007 at 7:26:25 pm

I saw the AVID LE7 page, there is mention about the commotion effects and one of the effects I liked is the threshold effects, Is this possoble to do it with Boris Red 3? I saw in the BBC effect list the effects composite chroker I am interesting how to use it? what is one of its applications? I mean normally how to use it oro what it is for?.
That I am trying to say I want to have my video as cow (BW), Is this possible with Red3 or with LE6.1?

Regards

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Commotion and BCC
by on Feb 5, 2007 at 4:52:13 pm

Very easy to do with RED, but it requires two filters. Simply add the hue-sat-lightness filter to the clip that you want to change and set the saturation parameter to negative 100 (-100). Then add the brightness-contrast filter to the clip and set the contrast value to positive 100 (100). Then you can use the lightness parameter in the hue-sat-lightness filter to control the values that you want to threshold.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Commotion and BCC
by on Feb 6, 2007 at 7:49:57 pm

You can also use the BCC Pixelchooser as a levels effect - simply apply the Pixelchooser to the clip and select threshold from the matte type pop-up in the matte section.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]